Home » Business » Careers and Jobs

How to Evaluate a Singapore Maid Agency

Apr 20, 2008
Getting a maid can be practical. With the stress that comes from working, going to school, taking care of children and the elderly, and other household chores it's only sensible to hire a maid. However, it's not safe to simply pick any maid at randmon. You have to hire one from a proper agency to ensure that the maid will not be an added burden instead. Consider these important points before you choose a Singapore maid angency to help you out:

Make sure the maid agency is licensed by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and accredited by the Consumers Association of Singapore for Good Business Practices (CaseTrust).

As of the moment, only 10 percent of over 700 agencies have been accredited by the CASE. The remaining 90 percent are probably accredited by the Association of Employment Agencies.

Licenses are issued by The Singapore Ministry of Manpower to agencies after a strict evaluation of their business practices. The director of the agency is required to attend and pass the Certificate of Employment Agency course that spans for three months in the Singapore Polytechnic.

Accreditation is also given by The Consumers Association of Singapore for Good Business Practices to agencies and businesses that are dedicated to maintaining a superior business practice.

Look for an agency that conducts surveys and asks for feedback and reactions from its clients. This means that the agency is focused on giving quality customer service and developing their resources, and is more likely to assist you better.

Check if the agency gives to a free 365 days guarantee. If, in the course of a year, you realize that you do not want to keep the maid you hired anymore, the agency should be able to replace her free of charge.

Some agencies give three months, half a year, or even 400 days. This guarantee is very important since it will save you money and time to replace the maid.

The agency should have a family satisfaction program and a helpful customer care team.

If an employer is unsatisfied with the performance of the maid, the customer care team can help. They can counsel the maid if any problems should arise.

To ensure that you and the maid you choose are compatible, see if the Singapore maid agency has a Match-Point System.

To match the right maid with the right employer, the Match-Point System was formulated. The system determines the match based on the experience, character, needs, and skills that the employer is looking and which the employee has.

Check the servies that the maid agency offers to its employess and customers. Common services include the following:

- Air tickets booking and purchasing

- Embassy endorsement

- Medical check-up for the helper

- Passport and work permit renewal

- Orientation for employment as a helper in Singapore

- Overseas helper recruitment

- Repatriation of maids

- Training in care for children, the elderly, the disabled, and the sick

- Training in cleaning, cooking

- Training in spoken English

- Work permit cancellation

- Workshops

If you are unsatisfied with the maid that you chose, you will also find that replacing or going back to the agency is another hassle. Therefore, to minimize the possibility of this happening, choose the right Singapore maid agency to assist you.
About the Author
Do you need a Singapore maid? Get assistance from a Singapore maid agency.
Please Rate:
(Average: Not rated)
Views: 287
Print Email Report Share
Article Categories